Frequently asked questions
1. Will there be food and drinks at the end? Yes, we will have bottled water and snacks for all participants at the end of the race in a grab and go bag at the finish line. There will be water at aid stations along the race course. We will also have Gatorade at some of the half marathon and 10K aid stations.
2. Where does the race start? Where does it end? The start/finish is in the parking lot at Longview Beach at 11101 Raytown Road.
3. What if it rains? We will run in the rain, cold, or snow. However, if it is unsafe to run/walk, the race director reserves the right to cancel the race and no refunds will be given.
4. What if I am unable to attend? Can I get a refund? There will be no refunds of registration fees for the race.
5. Is there a cap on the number of registrations? Yes, the cap on the half marathon is 2,000 registrants.
7. Is there a time limit? Yes, you will need to maintain a 14-min/mile pace or faster (approximately 3 hours total).
8. How do I verify my registration? You can verify your registration at any time here.
9. Where and when is packet pickup? Packet pick up is at the KC Running Company store at 200 E 135th Street in Kansas City, MO from 2-6 on Thursday, November 3 and 2-6 on Friday, November 4.
10. Where do I park on race day? There will be ample parking at a number of locations in the area surrounding the start/finish.
11. Will I be able to pick up my age group award on race day? All awards - overall and age group - will be available for pick up at the event.
12. What if my name is spelled wrong, my age is wrong, etc.? No problem. Email email@example.com to make the necessary changes to your registration.
13. I registered but can’t participate; can I still pick up my race shirt? Yes. Please stop by and pick up your bib and race shirt at packet pickup. Shirts will NOT be mailed.
14. I won’t be able to participate. May I transfer my registration to next year or give it to a friend? No. We do not allow you to transfer your registration for next year or to another person. There will be no refunds.
15. I have a friend who would like to volunteer. How can they help? We have a variety of volunteer needs at packet pick up and on race day. Please go to the Volunteers page for more information on volunteer needs and to sign up.
16. Can a friend or family member pick up my packet? Yes. Just be sure to let the participant know that you have picked up their packet to reduce confusion, as we will not keep track of who picked up the packet.
17. What charitable organization will my participation benefit? The race benefits Belton High School Athletics programs.
18. What will happen to clothing left behind on the race course? We need to clean up the course quickly after the race. Shirts that are left behind will be picked up and donated to charity. We encourage you to use the bag drop for items you wish to keep.
19. Are pets allowed? No, pets are not allowed at the race.
20. Are strollers allowed? No, strollers are not allowed at the race.
For any other questions you may have, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.